Acupuncture for General Pain
The Common Occurence of Pain
Physical pain is a common occurrence for many Americans; in fact, a national survey found that more than one-quarter of U.S. adults had recently experienced some sort of pain lasting more than a day.
In addition to conventional treatments, such as over-the-counter and prescription medications, acupuncture has been effective in relieving pain.
Key Points – Acupuncture for Pain
- Acupuncture is generally considered safe when performed by a trained and experienced acupuncturist
- In traditional Chinese medicine theory, acupuncture regulates the flow of qi (vital energy). Research to test scientific theories about how acupuncture might work to relieve pain is under way.
- According to National Health Interview Survey in 2007, which included a comprehensive survey of CAM use by Americans, 1.4 percent of respondents (an estimated 3.1 million Americans) said they had used acupuncture in the past year
How Acupuncture Works for Pain
Acupuncture, among the oldest healing practices in the world, is part of traditional Chinese medicine.
Acupuncture practitioners stimulate specific points on the body—most often by inserting thin needles through the skin.
In traditional Chinese medicine theory, this regulates the flow of qi (vital energy) along pathways known as meridians.
Other Types Of Pain That Can Be Treated with Acupuncture
- ECarpal tunnel syndrome
- ELow-back pain
- EMenstrual cramps
- EMyofascial pain
- ENeck pain
- EOsteoarthritis/Knee pain
- EPostoperative dental pain
- ETennis elbow
Take Control of Your PainSchedule an appointment today and discuss your personalized treatment plan Book an AppointmentServices
1245 Whitehorse Mercerville Rd.
Bldg. A, Suite 408
Hamilton, NJ 08619
(Across from Hamilton Police Station)
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 9:45am - 8:00pm
Wed: 9:45am - 7:00pm